Thursday

How to Stop Complaining: 7 Commitments to Expand Your Capacity for Happiness

Whether you complain out loud or complain in your head, complaining is one of the surest ways to stay locked in a limiting mindset. Complaining locks us into victimhood.

Becoming complaint-free makes a huge difference.  It takes commitment and self honesty to break free. Here is something I wrote to help us make this transformation:

Letting go of complaints is facilitated by making a new “contract” with yourself.  In other words, the ingredients which fuel stress-free living are simple and powerful new agreements. I am talking about inner agreements, commitments with yourself. It’s important to realize that you can create new agreements with yourself.  Silent ones.  Powerful ones.  Confidential ones. 

Here is a list of seven powerful self-agreements or self-commitments to make that will start to untangle you from the web of mental noise, complaints, and stress:

1.  I commit to treat mind chatter as a teacher, showing me what is true and what is illusion.

2.  I agree to take new action when I feel stuck on the treadmill of complaining.

3.  I agree to accept myself when I think negative thoughts about a situation I want to change.

4.  I commit to zero complaining about my life, people, and events.

5.  I agree not to be harsh with myself when I cannot shut my mind off.

6.  I agree to use worry, complaints and mind chatter to show me a larger self identity, one already free inside.

7.  I agree to use play and humor as ladders to raise me out of mental noise.

Let each of these work themselves into your awareness throughout the day. I suggest you say each one effortlessly yet strongly.

If you really want to accelerate their power, put your hand on your heart and commit to incorporating them. Whisper each one to yourself.

Rise above complaints. See them as truly USELESS and they will fall away naturally.

Blessings,

Michael

P.S.  The above is an excerpt from a free eBook called Mastery Where You Are.  It is available at http://www.luminousliving.com 
Grab a copy today.


p. p.s. For more insights, have a look at my HubPages profile at:
Michael’s HubPages Profile: Guidance on Meditation and Finding Happiness

and visit:
Lightworkers World: A Massive Collection of Spiritual Articles, Law of Attraction & Empowerment Tools, and Transformational Insights

2 comments:

  1. Above mentioned all 7 commitments for happiness and well and fantastic for the user as information.Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I think every body stop complaining after reading these 7 comments those are very useful and fantastic..

    ReplyDelete